Why do I take pictures?
- to capture the beauty / joy of the moment
- to create something beautiful and personal to me
- so that I have images of those I love at certain points in time
- to enhance my awareness of beauty in the world by noticing the little things - textures etc that when focused on are beautiful /striking
- to look at familiar things from a different perspective
- to keep memories fresh
- as an out et for my need to be creative and innovative
Sometimes I take picture for myself, sometimes for others. Below is an example of a tender moment captured at my goddaughter's wedding last summer where her older sister was putting on the garter she had knitted for her - the official photographer was not present at this point, only me with my point and shoot.
This second photo brings back to the memory of a glorious day in June 2006 when I persuaded my family to get up early so that we could go up on Tennyson Down to watch the Round the Island race (Isle of Wight) It was a perfect day, sunny with a clarity that made the view all round completely breathtaking. Unfortunately for the contestants there was also very little wind which resulted in many of them struggling to round the needles - my gain in terms of a photo opportunity though!
My final image illustrates an attempt to look at familiar things from a different perspective and is a photo I took yesterday of the view through the skylight in my bedroom - I really don't notice that tree most of the time!